Ducati

Key Information...

Ducati motorcycles have long been known for their excellence in design and performance. From the first post-Second World War bicycle-like low-displacement motorbikes Ducati has grown over the years into a racing giant that is consistently competitive in both the racing arena and the world motorcycle marketplace.

 

Online Auctions ending soon...

 

 

 

Model Examples...

 

 

 

 

The history of Ducati...

In the 1960s, Ducati earned its place in motorcycling history by producing the then fastest 250 cc road bike available, the Mach 1. In the 1970s Ducati began producing large-displacement L-twin (i.e. a 90 V-twin) motorcycles and in 1973 released an L-twin with the trademarked desmodromic valve design. In 1985, Cagiva bought Ducati and planned to rebadge Ducati motorcycles with the lesser-known Cagiva name (at least outside of Italy). By the time the tortuous purchase was completed, Cagiva had decided to keep the Ducati name on motorcycles. In 1996, Texas Pacific Group bought for US$325 million a 51% stake in the company and in 1998, bought the remaining 49% and became the sole owner of Ducati. In 1999, TPG issued an IPO of Ducati stock and renamed the company Ducati Motor Holding SpA. TPG sold over 65% of its shares in Ducati. In December 2005 Ducati returned to Italian ownership with the sale of Texas Pacific's stake (minus one share) to Investindustrial Holdings, the investment fund of Carlo and Andrea Bonomi.

 

 

Sponsored Links

 



 

 

Accessories

 



 

 

 

Sponsored Links

 



Get Rich Quick on the Irish Lottery

 

Website designed by www.121WebDesigner.com

 

motorbike,scooter,bike shop,motorbike shop,aprilia,benelli,bmw,ducati,gilera,harley,harley davidson,honda,kawasaki,lambretta,peugeot,piaggio,suzuki,triumph,vespa,yamaha